What do you need to know before you apply to Mindstorm?
We usually receive over 100 – 150 applicants every 2 days as we recruit around the year and we have active ads on multiple job portals. Please be patient as we review applications. We look out for people who are professional, smart, tech-savvy, good at solving problems, carry a dynamic personality & are adaptable to situations and organizational goals.
The only way to get in touch with HR Team is through the email id – email@example.com If you call on the business number provided on our website or found on Google, you will more likely be asked to connect with the email id.
Before you apply, please note the following:
- We are open to anyone who has a positive & energetic mindset and skills required to get the job done. You can be from any space – HR, IT, Marketing, a fresh graduate etc. We evaluate how you can contribute to the growth of Mindstorm and what you are willing to do than what you did in your past workplace. If you are a fresher, we would be able to hire you only as an intern and then evaluate if you can be absorbed into Mindstorm for a full-time role. You would have to be exceptional to be offered a full-time role as a fresher.
- An MBA degree doesn’t necessarily guarantee you a job.
- We do not respond to candidates who
- Are not from Mumbai OR are not based in the Western suburbs of Mumbai.
- Most employees who join and live far from Malad West quit due to traveling issues. This increases our attrition rate and disrupts our training process. Hence we no longer accept candidates who live far
- People who are not from Mumbai will face Mumbai traffic for the first time. This could be overwhelming. The % of candidates who manage to pull this off is just 10%, hence we generally avoid pursuing candidates who fall under this category. Also, many candidates who shift cities expect higher pay. We hire purely based on the value you add to Mindstorm. If you do not have the skills & expect higher, we usually move on to the next candidate.
- Cannot speak or understand English
- Make grammatical errors when they send us their application
- Who send us a blank email with the resume attached
- Who are not from the Digital field and expect a salary that matches their previous company
- Who switch companies every few months
- Who prefer a 9 – 5 job. We live in a Digital world & you will require managing your work-life balance in this industry. Passion to build something is a must have
- Who cannot manage their work stress or get extremely nervous
- Who fall ill very often & cannot stay healthy. This is because you will not be able to handle the style of work assigned to you & blend into our work culture
- Are not from Mumbai OR are not based in the Western suburbs of Mumbai.
- If you reject an offer, or you do not turn up on your first day, you will be blacklisted from Mindstorm and its associated companies indefinitely (We value discipline, integrity & personality over your skillset).
- If you do not turn up for the interview and have not shared any reason, you will be blacklisted from Mindstorm and its associated companies indefinitely.
- We do not hire people who are unsure about wanting to get into Digital space.
- At Mindstorm, we value people who can solve problems by finding solutions before the given deadline.
What we need when you apply. *The Necessary Details*
- Minimum Salary Expectation (Without this, we won’t respond)
- Place you stay in Mumbai? (We are based out of Malad – West)
- Have you been through our website? (www.mindstorm.in)
- How did you come to know about the job opening?
- Are you doing any course on weekends or intend to do one in the future?
- Have you completed your master’s degree?
- How old are you?
- What position are you applying for?
- Do you carry any relevant work experience to the job opening? (Personal Experience could add value)
- What would make you stand out from other candidates who have applied to the job you are applying to?
- Why are you applying to Mindstorm? How do you think your skills can benefit Mindstorm?
- Which are the other companies you have applied to?
- How soon can you join us if selected?
- Do you possess copywriting skills or have a portfolio?
- Your resume
About Us & our Work Culture
Mindstorm™ is a brand that belongs to a private limited company called Mindstorm Digital Marketing Private Limited. The company currently has 4 Directors & a team-size of 30 employees with 2 offices in Malad (West), Mumbai. Employees at Mindstorm do not work FOR Mindstorm, rather they work WITH Mindstorm on behalf of her clients. This goes for all employees, management or not. Everyone at Mindstorm has a role in driving the company’s vision & mission. Policy-related decisions are powers vested with the management in order to accomplish the vision & mission.
Our Vision: To become a Preferred & Reliable Digital Marketing Agency, globally.
Our Mission: To build an adaptable marketing team that understands the nuances of Digital Marketing & possesses the ability to set new digital marketing standards by leveraging conventional & unconventional strategies or tactics for our clients.
We service clients who belong to sectors such as FMCG, Hospitality, Tourism Boards, Retail, Consumer Durables, Jewellers etc. We manage our global clients in markets such as US, UK, Australia, Germany, Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan, the Philippines, Kenya, Tanzania & Ethiopia.
Work timings: We clock in between 9:30 & 10:00 am from Monday to Friday. Workday ends based on how you manage your work. In our eyes, an efficient employee is someone who can manage their work by 7 pm & leaves office without hampering Mindstorm’s clients or your colleagues time. The ‘late-coming salary deduction’ policy has been revoked as of Jan 2019. This is subjected to change when 60% of employees violate this benefit. Max 5 ‘chances’ are given as grace per month. Repeated offenders are warned/terminated at the discretion of the company. Please understand that an employee’s late coming affects other employees as client tasks are spread across multiple team members. If you do not value & respect your colleagues time, you do not respect the work we do. When you are in the Digital space, there cannot be a switch off button unless you are on an approved leave & you’ve handed over your tasks temporarily to your colleagues.
Work Days are from Monday to Friday from office. However, if you intend to work in the digital space, you will require managing campaigns, tasks requiring your attention or keeping an eye on the digital properties you manage on weekends. If you are into client servicing, you may have to submit weekly reports. But this is entirely dependent on how well you manage your client and are able to shift it to a Friday or a Monday reporting schedule.
We provide for 18 casual leaves in a year. These are paid leaves and combine all types of leaves such as Personal, Sick, Sandwich, Combined etc. Paid leaves are allocated based on the calendar year and can be encashed if not taken.
What is a Combined leave? This is a type of leave taken when you take a leave on a weekday and combine it with a weekend. For eg. Friday with Saturday & Sunday or Monday with Saturday & Sunday. In such cases, the whole weekend is considered as leave which will appear as though one has taken a 3 day leave instead of 1. Since we have a Monday to Friday work routine we simply cannot afford our team members to be completely switched off on weekends. This is primarily because some of our clients have a Monday to Saturday work week and not having this as part of policy hurts our mission. This is also applicable in case a personal leave is combined with national holidays.
What is Sandwhich leave? This is a type of leave taken when you take a leave on a weekday and combine it with the next weekday over the weekend making it a 4 day leave. For eg. Friday with Saturday & Sunday & Monday. In such cases, the whole weekend is considered as leave which will appear as though one has taken a 4 day leave instead of 2.
We have 6-month probation & a 2-month notice period. We do not offer increments 3 – 6 months after joining unless its agreed upon when joining & is written in your appointment letter. Appraisals are once a year.
Most new joinees tend to look out for an early promotion or an appraisal. Here’s an interesting video by Learnaur for you to understand who usually has a higher chance of getting promotions or appraisals! (Don’t mind the ending, focus on the message).
The total break duration in the day is 1 hour. This includes your lunch, tea (if any), casual walk etc. If you are extremely good at your work and you complete tasks before the deadline you may be entitled to longer breaks ON APPROVAL from the management
If you smoke, you must ensure that you do not carry the odor back to the office. We value teamwork, discipline & mindset more than skillsets. Mindstorm is a smoke-free, alcohol-free, weed-free agency. We do not encourage its consumption when at work nor we will allow it to affect the team.
Office Activities: They don’t happen every week but are conducted from time to time.
We prefer to bring on board people who challenge conventions and norms. We do not appreciate employees with a negative mindset & especially those who try to get away with work, as someone else will need to complete from where they left. We believe employees who crib are detrimental to our agency as they do not understand our vision & mission.
We do not conduct Exit Interviews if you have spent less than 2 years at Mindstorm since it’s more likely that one would lack the understanding of our Vision & Mission.
Our organization is structured with the below designations. We hire talent that can get the job done. So we are usually open to hire good talent whether we have a requirement or not.
- Client Servicing Managers
- Social & Digital Media Executives
- Social & Digital Managers
- Media Managers
- Media Executives
- Creative Visualizers
- Creative Graphic Designers
- SEO Team
- Web Development Team
- Business Development Manager
Can Freshers Apply?
We consider you as a fresher if,
- This is your first job
- You are changing your industry
- You are shifting to the agency side from the client side
- You have 3 – 5+ years of experience in traditional advertising but now you want to get into Digital Marketing
- You have done a Digital Marketing course to get a headstart on Digital
- We value relevant experience. If you have an experience in other industries but have a proven record of creative digital skills leveraged at your existing or previous job, you will not be considered as a fresher. Example:
- You know how to use Advanced Google Analytics and have practical knowledge of using it for your company
- You have set up & managed e-newsletters for your organization & you have managed analytics to determine its usefulness
- You have managed social media & digital advertising on social & marketplaces for your company
Applying for an Internships
- Please send the *Necessary Details*. Send us the minimum stipend expected.
- Please note our max stipend is 5,000 per month which will be paid post completion.
- Minimum tenure is 2- 3 months. Max 6 months.
The Mindstorm Test
- Every fresher applying for the role of Digital Media or Social Media Executive is subject to an online test.
- The test assesses the following :
- Your personal reaction to situations
- Your mindset
- Researching Ability
- Creative Visualization
- Grammar & Sentence structuring
- Basic Math
- Logic & Reasoning
- English Comprehension
- Do note the test is an assessment of skills. If your grammar is bad but math, logic & reasoning is good, you would be given an option to apply for Media & Ad Management roles. We will evaluate if you fit into Mindstorm as a valuable team member
- If you pass the test you would be invited to the final round of interview.
- Why the test?
- It helps us understand your skills & attitude towards works
- It helps you become more productive with some of the questions asked
- It saves your and our time of calling you in for an interview and facing a rejection in the worst case scenario
- An exception to the Mindstorm Test :
Managerial positions generally do not have an online test. Your face to face interview will be based on your business acumen, verbal & written skills, negotiation skills, logical reasoning, ability to convince why you should be paid the salary you expect. Your past experience in client servicing or managerial (if any) will be tested respectively to evaluate if you meet Mindstorm’s standards. Salary will be decided based on the questions you raise & the answers you provide. Having a knowledge of Basic Math, Microsoft Excel & Microsoft Powerpoint is a must, since you will spearhead planning & strategy for your clients assigned at Mindstorm.
How do we assess candidates?
- We evaluate designers by their portfolio & not by their resume. If you are a designer please send us your portfolio and *Necessary Details* requested above
- We evaluate candidates based on the value we believe you will add to Mindstorm
- We value people with a digitally inclined mindset & passion to leverage digital technology for their own needs
How can you increase your chances of getting to the interview?
- Apply once you stay in Mumbai
- Write a cover note about yourself that is not in your resume & send it along with the necessary details
- Ensure you are grammatically sound in your cover note
- Format your note clearly
- Write to us exclusively. Do not add us in CC or BCC
- Paragraph, Punctuation, Grammar, Sentence Structuring, Use of Bullet points to define what you are good at etc.
- Be truthful if you are given the test. The test is an evaluation of how you will be able to manage your work.
Who are we looking for?
Regardless of your role/designation at Mindstorm, this short film gives you an idea as to whom we are looking for.