Are you looking for opportunities to make easy money on the internet? Affiliate Marketing is the solution! But, you might have some questions. What is affiliate marketing? How to do it? How does it benefit you?
Read more to get your doubts cleared!
What is Affiliate Marketing?
- With the growing popularity of digital marketing, all businesses are in the race to drive traffic and to increase their sales.
- Affiliate marketers are extended sales people for the business but are not exactly a part of the business’s sales team.
- Affiliate marketing is the process of earning money by marketing someone else’s business on your website, blog, or domain.
- If you are an affiliate marketer, you will generate commission by the sales and traffic generated to the business from your website or blog.
How to become an Affiliate Marketer?
Anybody can be an affiliate marketer with a website, blog, or domain. To get started with affiliate marketing, you will need a marketing partner like:
- Go Daddy
- Admit Ad
When you sign up on one of these websites, you will receive a code. All you need to do is put up this code on your website or blog and connect it with the business you are promoting.
Let’s understand the monetary scene!
- E.g.: You write a blog on your website and attach the code in your blog in the form of buy now click. This code will directly take the reader to the business site.
- In this case, the reader lands on the Amazon website, when he clicks on Buy Now
- He purchases the primary product that he saw on the blog with 2 other items on the Amazon website.
- As a marketer, you will receive a commission from Amazon on the purchase of the primary product. Along with this, you also receive a commission for the purchases of the 2 other items. This is because the additional buy was persuaded by the code on your website.
What are the Benefits of Affiliate Marketing?
- As a marketer, you can promote many businesses at the same time.
- You don’t have to update the code constantly. Once, the code is live on the website or blog, you can reap its benefits for years.
- It’s not just beneficial to the marketer, but it also helps the business in getting more traffic and sales.
- The more the traffic and sales, the more will be the commission.
- This type of marketing can be an additional source of income for SEO marketers. All they need to do is push the code through backlinks and optimize the content.
Can you do affiliate marketing without a website, blog, or domain name?
Absolutely yes! In this case, you will need to have a presence on social media.
E.g.: You have a Facebook group with 10,000 members. You generate code from one of the marketing partner’s websites and post it on the group. With every purchase persuaded from the code, you will earn a commission.
Note: With social media, you will have to post the code again and again in a period of 2-3 days for optimum results.
Can Influencer and Affiliate Marketing work together?
- Influencer marketing is the evolution of affiliate marketing. The end goals for both marketings is to drive sales, traffic, and build visibility.
- But, there is no face value in affiliate marketing like in influencer marketing. So, a combination of both can do wonders for you as a marketer and the business.
- Let’s understand the reach of this marketing. So, there is an influencer blogger based in Singapore and an affiliate marketer collaborates with her. A nominal fee is paid to the blogger for writing the blog. But, the codes attached through backlinks generated almost 50-60 orders for the business.
- So, here the approach was influencer marketing, but the simple attaching of the code benefitted the affiliate marketers.
There are also product discovery platforms like ‘Gadget Flow’ and ‘The Strategist’ that do affiliate marketing. These platforms have products from various sites, but the final link of the purchasing the product takes the viewers to the business’s site.
A platform like The Strategist is primarily linked to Amazon. So, an article on best golf shoes according to the experts will list the various types of shoes with the shoe details. But, when the reader clicks on Buy Now, the link is directed to the Amazon website.
Affiliate Marketing doesn’t require an investment. It is a great source of income if you are a school or college student. To learn more about affiliate marketing, check out Aniketh Dsouza’s YouTube video. You can also take help from digital marketing agencies to gain full-fledged knowledge on the subject of affiliate marketing.